Saturday 15 October 2011

West End / Luggage

Just walked from home to Covent Garden to have a browse in Rohan for luggage and general stuff. Didn't buy anything but wanted to have a gander before I decide what stuff I need to buy later on and browse online. May come back and buy something here in a week or two.

While I may want to buy some new clothes, I'm mainly concerned about luggage. I have to be honest that there's an element of wanting to blend in here, but I think there's probably also some truth in the observation that a suitcase plus small 'gym kit' style rucksack balanced on top wasn't the most convenient luggage on my 2010 trip. Vaguely hoping I can get some sort of compromise between a wheeled case and a backpack. I though I saw something of the kind when shopping at Rohan before the 2010 trip. They had something vaguely along those lines today but I wasn't totally stunned. Definitely want to browse online and see what's available. I also need to muse (and probably measure my existing suitcase) on how large an item of luggage I need. I do remember some musings about trying to go minimalist while on the ferry into Buenos Aires last year and this trip might be the time to try that out.

Not been in the West End for months, probably even longer since I was here in the day and I'd forgotten just how different it is from the City (and Canary Wharf). Nice, though I wouldn't drink round here in the evening for choice.

Having a pint at Hops! just round the corner; it's traditional for my blog entries to be made from pubs, after all. £3.85 for a pint of Tuborg is hardly great value but it's quiet, not too pretentious and has some small tables on the street. I almost feel like I'm abroad now...

Been ridiculously lax in preparing for the trip in all ways: possible itineraries, buying stuff I need to take, brushing up on my Spanish. Maybe I'll get something done this weekend. I imagine I'll struggle like always, but I should. Half the pleasure is in the anticipation etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment