Monday 13 February 2012

Call me a fool...

... but I just paid BA an extra £50 for the privilege of sitting in the emergency exit row on this Friday's flight. This feels like a con, but after the bad flight back from Sao Paulo in December and taking my general nerviness about this trip into account, I figure I'll pay £50 for improved peace of mind. I was tempted to just pay £25 for an ordinary seat selection - there was one pair (i.e. not a three) in the centre section free, which I might normally have gone for with pleasure, but worrying there might be a bulkhead behind me limiting reclining and wanting to get over the claustrophobic worries after last time I decided to push the boat out. For me the emergency exit row is likely to be nearly as good as a higher class (without a lie-flat bed) since I don't give a toss about the at-seat service, and comparing that £50 with the £800+ it would cost for the next class up it's not so bad. It does rankle a bit but under the circumstances, sod it. It's not often I get the chance to set my mind at ease for a small, simple payment. (The pharmaceutical industry needs to get into this game. ;-) I'd snap their hand off for a £50-a-day peace of mind pill.)

I am overdue to waffle about what my plans are/were and why I'm going to Argentina but I shall do that later. I booked an aparthotel for the first Sat/Sun night in Buenos Aires last night, anyway. Beyond that I have been too lazy/scared to sit down and make any definitive plans...

PS There are cots near the emergency exit row but I figured it was still worth it, if less than ideal. Better to be annoyed by a screaming sprog than stressed out. And I did just buy a new pair of noise-cancelling headphones...

No comments:

Post a Comment