Saturday 28 November 2009

Displacement activity

I'm supposed to be sorting out my itinerary, checking if I need any vaccinations or malaria tablets (I suspect not, but I need to check) and sorting out the change-of-address hassle related to giving the flat up. So of course, I've managed to 'find' a load of e-mails I sent to friends while I was in Mexico back in 2007 and am now re-reading all those. I suppose at the very least they are making me think about travel. :-)

What I can't believe is that a recurring question is "How do I know where street X is in this big city which I'm too tight to buy an A-Z for?" And it just hit me, about two and a half years too late, that I could have (gasp) looked it up on Google Maps. I don't even think I tried and then found they didn't cover the city I was in. The idea just never entered my head. Google Maps did exist two and a half years ago, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment