Wednesday 26 May 2010

Bus Merida-Palenque

Tue 23:55. Left ankle itching like a bastard all of a sudden. I have so many red lumps round there I can't believe they are all bites. Oh well.

01:00. No obligatory film but they are playing music. FFS. It's a night bus. The seat headrest also seems perfectly designed to be giving me literal pains in the neck.

I mean, it's OK I suppose but it all just seems shitter than it should be.

02:15. Driver just made some incomprehensible announcement over speakers. I gather we are at some terminal. Not Palenque I guess. Still, kudos for actually having announcements.

Feel a bit sleepy but my neck hurts and I can't quite drift off. Am reading too. No big deal.

02:30. Joy. Still here. Some guy just got on and sat next to me. Not his fault of course but still annoying.

06:50. Slept a bit. Feel shit. Don't want to arrive. We just stopped at Zapata (?). Guy next to me got off. Daylight and has been since I woke and tried to pretend to myself I hadn't. Fairly stunningly greenish view pulling into the terminal here.

Dashboard clearly lies about temps, didn't change all night.

We stopped somewhere maybe 4am but as it's boring and I was trying to go to sleep I didn't make a note.

13:10. Done the ruins. Room not ready for another 20 mins. Getting something to eat at small awkward restaurant which lists 'half chicken & chips' on the menu then won't let you order it (probably it's take-away only). I ordered fried chicken & chips. I am not being picky right now.

I wonder if they are two distinct restaurants which merely confusingly run into one another. Sod it. I don't care. I'm hungry and then I want to go and have a damn shower. Thanks not not being able to 'unpack', I had to choose between leaving my

13:50. Food arrived. Just got into my room. Shower now, waffle later...

No comments:

Post a Comment