Wednesday 19 May 2010

Cancun, Tuesday (part 1)

03:30. I have surfed too late, though I did at least take advantage of time to have a shower. Going to bed now.

I saw a laundry round the corner and may drop some clothes off there tomorrow if they will let me pick them up on Tuesday.

A quick look at the guide book suggests this is an ultra-Stuttgart. There is *nothing* of a must-see nature. (Notwithstanding the recommendation of the French woman, which I suspect is at least at daytrip distance and not really local.) I have jotted down the name of one minor set of Maya ruins and a museum to fill in time tomorrow but the place seems an undemanding desert in terms of culture. I won't say that sucks, but I would not have come here - I can drink in the midst of culture, I've had a lot of practice - if I were not meeting Zheyla. :-) Which isn't to say the place isn't fun, I just suspect it is fun in a totally uncultured way. Possibly my kind of place if only I knew it... :-)

Just turned the aircon off as it's noisy and it's already cooled things down. Ceiling fan still going and the bedclothes consist of a single wafer-thin sheet so I doubt I will suffocate overnight. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment