Thursday 20 May 2010

Cancun, Wednesday

03:00. OK, I stupidly indulged in a bit of music and meditation. Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to meeting Z tomorrow, but I couldn't resist. Anyway, to bed and I am sure it will be cool. It will suck waking up tomorrow but it always does. I guess waking up tomorrow beats the alternative. :-)

It's odd, my supply of drinking water (never mind my probably realistic distrust of Mexican tap water, the tap water here has an eggy quality) is a 5 litre bottle I bought the other night, and swigging from it reminds me of the Salar de Uyuni trip.

Anyway, really to bed.

Making a mockery of that, the aircon unit is noisy as hell. But I will leave it on. I feel I must fall asleep soon and I'd rather not wake up dripping with sweat.

Already in bed, but to sleep (perchance to not dream :-) ).

Thu 04:15. Well. Met Zheyla at about 12, she kindly offered to let me burn my photos on her laptop but the USB drive is oddly fucked and the photos were invisible on her laptop. We arranged to meet at 8pm.

Went for lunch and popped over to the bus station to confirm I can get a bus at any time I like tomorrow (Zheyla inadvertently put the wind up me with some web searches we did on her laptop).

Went back to the hostel and surfed the afternoon away, then met Z and her mother at about 8:30. We went for lunch at Perico's (frankly a little naff but in a cool way I guess), then Z and I went for a drink and her mum went home. We were going to go to La Taberna but (not realising it was our planned destination) I said I had been there last night and didn't like it much, so we ended up at La Jarra (at Z's suggestion) where I was last night. Right next door to Perico's as it turned out.

Had a frankly excellent conversation in a mix of Spanish and English (her English is definitely better than my Spanish though) with Z. We left about 3:30, being the last ones there, and she has to be up at 7 as she is taking her mum to swim with dolphins.

Being a weak-willed git I have come down to Chikito's which is still open and if not super busy at least not deserted. I am not really drunk and I don't have to check out til midday, even if I might prefer to leave at 11am to ensure I get to Piste to face minor taxi hassle onto the hotel in daylight, tho I am sure it will be fine even if I leave the hotel at midday.

Ordered a beer and got three but I will drink what I want and leave the rest. And if the other night is anything to go by this is as cheap as just ordering one.

Oh, Z tells me Zuhamy's name apparently means 'captive princess'. The more I think about it the more I feel I already knew that, but it had certainly slipped my mind and I may be imagining I had been told it already. It would in part explain Zuhamy's princess fetish. :-)

Among other things, Z told me I should be careful not to say 'no' in an English way, that being a source of humour to locals. Fairly easy to fix but glad someone told me.

Just got the bill while I finish the third. Indeed only MXN62 for the three. Bargain. I am sure I am not sober but I am far from off my face so have no major worries about getting up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment