Thursday 10 June 2010

Oaxaca City, Wednesday

20:05. Had sling put on 15 mins ago. That contorts arm painfully and digs into back of neck.

Operation sucked. They were going to use local despite prior agreement til insisted. Shaking like fuck all the time til finally knocked out. Robbie Willams playing ("Old before I die" at first, corking), not sure if for their benefit or mine.

Have vague recollections and also told that when I came to I was totally disoriented, accused them of robbing me and flailed the broken arm around.

Hurt like hell when woke up in middle of night.

Slept, possibly with medical aid, this afternoon.

Troubled on and off by pins&needles nr left thumb.. Dr says due to flailing last nite. Bit dubious as it comes and goes.

Arm nr useless but dr says (if I can believe him) I should recover fully.

prob being released 2row & tho far from clear insurance may fly me home immediately. If it was 'simple' break with cast I could maybe have stayed here studying Spanish for rest of trip. As this looks like a physiotherapy job I suspect I need to go straight home & start trying to fix it.

Far from complete blog entry but not bad one handed...

No comments:

Post a Comment