Monday 7 December 2009

Evidence I made the right choice

Just been summoned home when I was supposed to be going out because the letting agent was showing someone round and she says they both smelled gas in the kitchen from the boiler.

Not happy right now to say the least, but this does at least suggest I made the right decision in giving the place up when I go away. If my caretaker (whoever that would have been) had smelled gas while I was away it would have been a lot more stress. And even more so if the leak had gone unnoticed for a while and caused an explosion of course...

I bet it's just a dead mouse or something, That's what the guy said false alarms usually are the last time I had to call them. (Though that time I got a neighbour in before I called and he was a bit doubtful, I may have half imagined it myself as even I wasn't that sure, but of course you can't take chances.) I don't know what it smells like now as I am on the way home, I didn't notice anything this morning but I do have a slight cold. Be interesting - although not *that* interesting, compared to what I was supposed to have been doing - to see what it smells like when I get there.

Of course if it is a dead mouse no doubt the landlord will claim that's my fault and whack me with a huge bill for extermination.

FFS

No comments:

Post a Comment