Thursday 10 December 2009

First flights booked

Just got back from booking the transatlantic flights at Trailfinders. I fly out of Heathrow at 18:50 on Wednesday 13th January, change in Madrid and arrive in São Paolo at about 8am (local time) on Thursday. So the Wednesday is a bit wasted, but I should be able to sleep on the plane and this also means I can travel to the hotel in broad daylight.

It occurred to me to ask about flying out at 18:50 on Tuesday 12th, since my checkout at the flat is at midday, but I decided it was just going to be too stressful.

I come back from Mexico City at about midday on Wednesday 23rd June. The return date is flexible (on payment of a hefty fee, admittedly) but that's the date I've booked it for.

Will muse a bit further over the 'intracontinental flights' and probably book those next week. But for better or worse I'm now a step closer.

I need to get travel insurance ASAP so I can claim for cancellation if some unexpected emergency occurs.

No comments:

Post a Comment