Saturday 5 December 2009

Karaoke

My treacherous memory has dug up a plan from my last trip to Mexico. I should sing karaoke in every country I visit in Latin America. I've already done Mexico, admittedly on my first trip only, but I did it.

This could be the Dave Gorman-style goal which adds structure to the trip. :-)

I think Rio might be possible, assuming they have karaoke there and Spanish or English songs to choose from. It might be too hip for me, but I don't have to sing well, I just have to sing. Chile and Argentina should be OK as well, I'll have quite a lot of time in Santiago and Buenos Aires. Peru and Bolivia might be tricky if I do go there, as I doubt I'll be in any major settlements. But hey, even the smallest town must have a karaoke bar, right? :-) If I can manage that, I'm sure I can find somewhere in Panama City. And maybe if I manage everywhere else, I'll deliberately return to Guanajuato in Mexico to finish my Latin American tour where I started in 2006.

"No es que sea el alcohol la mejor medicina, pero ayuda a olvidar cuando no ves la salida"

No comments:

Post a Comment