Sunday 24 February 2013

Playa del Carmen, Saturday

0151 Sunday. Back at hotel. We left the bar by the beach -Coco Maya- about 130. 730am london time. Not a bad effort. Feel I am getting to know people via the medium of drunkenness. I am a bit pissed but don't feel too bad. Tomorrow is a quiet 'beach' day, I am in theory encountering people at the El Tukan beach club some time. I have felt this moderately drunk and had it all go tits up in the early hours of the morning before but I have a litre of trustworthy water and I really do feel OKish so fingers crossed. No tequila, just beers, including a couple of micheladas.

That was probably the closest I will ever come to Ibiza, and I am not even sad about that. The open airness of it made the club vibe and the loud music quite fun.

I suspect this will be a rather pseudo-Ibiza-ish heavy drinking trip but that's cool, frankly it suits me. I've been far too restrained recently and I can exercise some more restraint when I'm back in London.

We had several at the hotel first then we went to Coco Maya. Zheyla was supposed to re-join us but she locked her keys out of her car.

She took me with a friend of hers to withdraw cash and buy insecticide before we went to the hotel bar. I need to salt some away safely but that can wait til tomorrow.

Barring serious problems I am *not* drinking the tap water. I think that's what always fucks me over.

Anyway, towards bed. Not sure if I should set an alarm for tomorrow or not.

I can hear music pounding from here, though at not insane volume. I am not complaining, I can sleep through anything, as long as it's not making the bed vibrate it's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment