Wednesday 27 February 2013

Playa del Carmen, Tuesday, part 2

Wednesday 0150. Phone keyboard is well and truly knackered. It's so bad even with the hardware keyboard not slid out it still sometimes interjects crap into what you're trying to enter.

Wandered around a bit, had lunch at la Cieba first (was going to go to Legends but it was heaving so couldn't get a table), wandered around. Met Jim & Valeria & her mother at hotel bar, had a chat with them, showered, met up with others there. We went to Las Tulipas (not right, something like that) in the hotel afterwards. Lime soup v good, steak and chips IMO good but the resident foodie said the steak was defrosted and not very good. Sometimes having low standards is an advantage, I thought it was OK. (Question: is it in fact a genuine advantage in all situations to have low standards? It probably needs some serious offsetting advantage to have taste. I can perhaps justify it with e.g. programming, but in other areas? Anyway...)

We went to the Blue Parrot beach club (right next to Coco Maya) afterwards. I hung around on my own a lot not wanting to intrude excessively. Moderately diverting all the same, if not a blinding night.

No idea what the plan is tomorrow. Not too fussed. Frankly am unlikely to e.g. push for trip to Tulum or whatever, I shall follow along blindly with the group's decisions, except maybe to not bother should it be excessively water-oriented. I will doubtless be back here again and can do all the archaeological sites my heart desires in my own times and on my own terms. I am kind of treating this as just some time away from "stuff" (work etc) and maybe see if I can chill out a bit.

Anyway, towards bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment