Thursday 28 February 2013

Playa del Carmen, Wednesday

1336 At Legends for non all inclusive lunch of steak quesadillas and onion rings. Healthy. Meeting Zs sister, mum, J here 330 to go to Xcaret, others went earlier, Z and Dave both came up to my room to tell me about 12.

Hating this onsxreen keyboard it is like slow torture.

Had shower, shave (no shit), done laundry, changed my al inclusive wristband for ordinary one (tho this one is red and first was brown, go figure) and withdrew more cash. The 3k I took out last night seems excessively depleted but wtf. Want to be sure have plenty for today and think it is like 1100 entrance to xcaret.

Seems hotter today than before, fortunately air-conditioning in legends is good.

Temptation to write more than bare facts is linked when I have tk eexpress myself via the knscreen keyboard (before autocprrect that was mehboard which is oddly apposite).

1551 No sign of anyone. Having fourth small beer, will probably stick on til maybe 5 and then write it off.  Fortunately I don't think this is a big deal so if do miss it due to some fuck up not really a problem. Do hope I can see J before bed tonight tho as she has borrowed my phone charger. Its a shame my SIM doesn't seem to want to work but so it goes.

Bored, slightly bloated (portions huge) and a bit cold with the air conditioning. Meh. As I have doubtless said not regarding this trip as an opportunity to do or see anything in particular, for better or worse it is enforced vegetation with a possibility of limited socializing.

Oh, I have a mosquito bite on my ankle and another on my leg. As always I wonder how this is possible when i wear socks and trousers except in my room. None on my arms as yet, so maybe the repellent works.

2347 Back at hotel. There was a mix up and theyfs t u r n e d up at 5. No problem. Only missed out on - gasp - water related activities at Xcaret. I saw the show only - rather good if touch long at an hour, very interested by the exhibition of the mesoamrican ball game (the fire hockey variant after was cool too, I asked!Z'smum after and she said that was also a historixaly correct thing, if I understood her correctly), baila de Los viejicitos also cool.

Taxibus back, I had couple of beers at living while some others ate,got charger back from Javaria and had solo michelada back at hotel bar before coming up for a shower, this painful entry and bed. Early start tomorrow as we are meting at 815 in reception for catamaran trip.

Maybe there will be some discusiin tomorrow but I am wondering if I should cut my losses and fuck off solo to eg tulum on Friday or Saturday. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment