Sunday 15 December 2013

Amritsar, Sunday

1452 At Brothers. Got up absolute last minute, left bag at hotel and got cycle rickshaw to Durgiana Madir. This is a Hindu temple which I don't think is in my guide book but which Harpreet at hotel told me about. Did two circuits of the pool, didn't go into centre bit as not sure if allowed. Amazingly similar overall appearance to Golden Temple.

As leaving chap urged me to take photo of some newlyweds, so I did. Have a vague recollection this is supposed to be lucky.

Met French chap (lived all over world) when putting shoes on outside, he had two hrs to kill before his bus so we sat outside and had a chat. Interesting chap, on a two yr trip round Asia filming an independent documentary. Didn't get his name or contact details, but if I do ever find out about this film later be interesting. He recommended I read Travel until the end of the day by Louis Ferdinand Celine.

1543 Getting coffee and bill.

1555 Went for second shit (also went when came in) and no coffee or bill on my return. Getting bill now.

1556 And now the coffee arrives. Tis OK, I am not really short of time but still.

Bill 365, will make it 400.

1607 Nearly finished coffee. Will send this now then it might escape via hotel wifi as I collect my bag. Need to wd some cash en route too.

No comments:

Post a Comment