Monday 18 February 2019

Santiago, Sunday

Mon 0049 Not a super eventful day. Didn't set an alarm this morning and perhaps because of that felt generally OK as woke up (contradicted by the fact I woke up in one of those brief irrational slashes of panic which I somehow alleviate by jumping out of bed sharpish).

Went out for an hour and a bit walk, GPS track has route (I was just winging it really, hadn't checked any maps) but some quiet streets to south (got tiny bit worried I was in a dodgy or at least too-quiet-to-be-safe area and turned north), went round Parque Bustamante, saw (prob not for first time) impressive church in IIRC Carmen (no photo as was too close to it) and back home via a different supermarket where I bought some pop, spaghetti and kitchen and toilet rolls. Plaza San Isidro was nice enough too.

Pizza place was shut but checked on web and it was open at 5. I ordered online and went down to collect my order; maybe this is a bit of a linguistic cop-out but I wanted to take advantage of an offer (which I misinterpreted - I thought you got a family-sized mozzarella pizza with your main family-sized pizza for an extra 1k or so, but it turned out it was a family-sized garlic bread, but not exactly a problem) and didn't trust myself to negotiate this in person, and I did at least speak a tiny bit to staff as I paid and collected.

Just read and watched Youtube etc tonight, but did also do a tiny bit of research re Brazil trip, need to get final booking for that done over next day or so, if only so it's not fucking hanging over me.

No big plans for Monday; will try to go to lang exchange Tues/Weds nights though. See how I feel tomorrow, may look up some touristy activity or I might just look at map and go for a wander in some possiby promising area and see what it's like and maybe have coffee or a beer in the sun. Need to get in touch with Cony too.

Quietly enjoyable day really. Pizza was not bad, though not as spicy as I'd have liked - I copied the technique I saw in Xela and sprinkled chilli powder on it to pep it up a bit. Have about 1/3 of it left in fridge for tomorrow. But having a takeaway pizza (which to me requires the ability to reheat it in oven as I eat it) is something I can only do when I have a flat, so it's a nice little luxury.

No comments:

Post a Comment