Wednesday 25 September 2013

Flight to Bangkok booked

Been mulling this over and it's actually cheaper to fly Georgia-London-Bangkok than Georgia-Istanbul-Bangkok, so I'm going to come back to London for a couple of nights before going on to Bangkok. Not great but probably not too bad an idea, and Istanbul would be doable as a normal long weekend kind of trip if/when I'm back at work, or even as a weekend trip after my return to the UK before I started back at work (not that I expect to do that). It does also mean I can maybe make some changes to my luggage from 'cooler' to 'warmer' climate stuff, not that this is likely to be a big deal. Just been checking flight prices online from work and I've booked. About (from memory) £200 to fly back from Georgia via Kiev, then £350 (on ebookers; expedia had same flight for £370) London to Bangkok via Mumbai.

Need to get hotel booked for first couple of nights in Tbilisi sharpish. Also bit worried may not get aisle seats on the Bangkok flights as booking relatively late. I guess I will survive if I can't, and this should also encourage me to book the other flights ASAP so I get more chance of getting aisle seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment