Thursday 26 September 2013

London-Bangkok flights

I need to get to bed...

Just been on the Jet Airways website to check if I got aisle seats. I
did (the economy cabins are not that full, yet), but since I can
apparently pre-reserve seats and emergency exit seats were available on
both flights I have changed them. Fingers crossed I don't get relocated
to non-aisle non-emergency exit seats...

I'm now supposed to be in aisle emergency seat 30H on the London-Mumbai
flight and window emergency seat 18A on the Mumbai-Bangkok flight. To be
honest I probably need to get over my "fear" of not having an aisle seat
anyway, after all I did survive the flight back from Sao Paulo to London
:-) and that was much longer. (Plus I distinctly remember flying from
Sao Paulo to Santiago in a window seat back in 2010 and not thinking
twice about it. It's only relatively recently I've somehow built this up
into a massive deal rather than a mild preference.) To be fair, window,
while a bit more "trapped" in some sense, is better than a middle seat
where you're still blocked off from the aisle by someone else but you
also have someone on the other side.) Window is totally fine in an
emergency row anyway, in fact better since you have the chance of a
view. I couldn't get an aisle emergency seat on the second flight so I
figured I'd chance it. I am assuming of course that if I do get shifted
(or if the plane layout turns out to be wrong somehow) that choosing an
aisle emergency seat will probably at least degrade into an aisle
non-emergency seat.

Anyway, enough about my bizarre psychological problems and towards bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment