Wednesday 25 September 2013

Vaccination and insurance

Got the typhoid jab this morning. It was the VI vaccine, I saw the label on the box it came in. Nurse spectacularly surly. She asked me to roll up my sleeve and muttered something about going over to "the couch area". I asked which arm. She replied "the top of one of your arms". I picked the left one on my own initiative since I'm right handed so it might make a difference if there is any localised pain, just based on memories of previous vaccinations, this one perhaps doesn't do that. (There hasn't been any in the hour odd since I had it done.) Still, got it done and that's the main thing.

I might just be in a bad mood as I was up late going through a lot of shit trying to find decent travel insurance. I despise insurance companies with a searing passion.

Six month single trip insurance costs way less than two lots of three month single trip insurance. Seems illogical. But I can't take out a six month policy as returning to the UK terminates such a policy regardless, and I'll be back at Christmas. But I'm away too long at a stretch for the multi trip policies. Maybe this is backed up by facts, but it just feels like I'm slipping through the cracks of the common offerings.

(Oh, and one comparison site treats you as having a medical condition which must be declared if you have *been to your GP in the last five years*. But it's OK, you can call their oh-so-convenient non-24h medical screening helpline to discuss your case. Or you could just use someone not quite so fucking anal about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment