Monday 5 December 2011

Bus Calama-San Pedro

Sat 1208 In Delfin Verde restaurant on Abaroa having a somewhat impromptu early lunch (biffe a caballo, steak with fried eggs on top and chips). Bus not for over an hour and I suspect it's cheaper and nicer to eat here than in San Pedro.

Checked out OK tho receptionist went up to room to check it. Credit card didn't work first time but did the second.

No diet soft drinks here so having regular coke.

Been onto flickr to try to get access to my old steve-abroad account, they came back and I got access and upgraded it to pro this morning before leaving hotel, so I can now upload as much as I want. Not super cheap at USD24.95 a year but I should get enough use out of it to be worthwhile. This is as a backup in case I lose my memory cards or camera rather than so people can see the photos, although I guess that's a minor plus, especially for my parents. I was already 50% through my free upload allowance this month just for a rather tight selection of photos from three places.

1237 Realised when it came this is biffe a lo pobre minus the fried onions. Enormous portion, had to leave a few fries and feeling a bit bloated. CLP4,200 plus CLP500 tip.

1310 Waiting at bus company office. Three probably German SYTs turned up to buy tickets 10 mins ago and a few other people hanging around in the not enormous office too. At least I don't have to worry about missing the bus.

Telethon was on TV at American Pub last night and is on TV here too. I assume it's a 24h job.

1321 Bus outside but no one seems to be moving. This company only runs four buses a day so there's no way these people are waiting for another bus but it's still annoying.

1334 Pulling out. Got a double seat to myself which is something. Didn't get a ticket for putting my bag in the hold but no one else did either. Sure it will be fine and I think San Pedro is next stop. (Bag is carry-on size for planes but while it might squash under my seat on a bus, I'm reluctant to try it. Next time I'm on an overnight cama bus I might try taking it on with me, as there is a bit more space then.)

No bog on this bus but it's only an hour and a half. Wouldn't be remotely worried except for niggling concerns. It'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment