Saturday 17 December 2011

Santiago, Friday

1620 In slightly down-at-heel looking but as it turns out quite pricey restaurant 'Marrbella' somewhere not far from La Moneda, which I went to have a look at when finally left flat a bit before 3. Had seen it before but went into three-level exhibition/cinema area beneath which might have been new. Free and small exhibition on art & technology, and a paid exhibition by Robert (?) Matta which I didn't go into.

About 5k for bife a lo pobre here but sod it. Mainly worried as wd 20k earlier and don't want to have to make another if can help it. Have 40k stashed away but need to keep 10k for hotel tomorrow morning and ideally at least another 20k for emergency taxi to airport if necessary.

1656 Not the best bife a lo pobre ever but OK. Two fried eggs this time.

Getting a beer then will go for a bit of a wander, vaguely heading back to hotel. Want to be basically as packed as possible before I go out tonight so all I have to do tomorrow is spring lightheartedy out of bed, clean my teeth, shove my dirty clothes in my bad and pack the mobile charger.

1734 Getting bill. 7.3k with the beer. 8k with tip.

2144 At Crazy Bar, been here 45 mins or so. Walked over from hotel. Not super pedestrian friendly and a lot of tedious pedestrian crossings to negotiate but probably not that much slower than taking the metro all in all.

2153 That damn 'words to describe this girl without being disrespectful' song which haunted me on 2010 trip playing. Think I have not heard it in the previous three weeks.

2200 Oh yeah baby. Let's play it three times in a row. The way this shit playing I can't take no more...

2213 Just got second schop. Vague plan is to stay out til midnight or so; I think that's not pushing it too much, given I am 95% packed and need to be up by about 830.

Do need to be careful; I mean, it is Friday and there could easily be temptation.

I guess depending on the quality of the 'doorbell' arrangements the fact that woman is turning up at 9 to collect the key and the outstanding 9.6k is a bit of a  safeguard. Nonetheless, I really don't want to be leaving here at 5am (to take an extreme example). Does look like there might be a live band on. If so I might hope it will be like first Sat I was here on this trip and they will be playing from

Sat 1029 Was live band on, appropriately the same one I saw on my first night. Stayed til they finished, about 130 IIRC. Didn't want to get up this morning but not a major problem. Got up about 830.

No comments:

Post a Comment