Monday 5 December 2011

San Pedro de Atacama, Monday

1126 Sat in reception since maybe 15 mins ago waiting for reception woman to come back from meeting a bus so I can pay and leave. Reggae covers of Beatles songs playing in the courtyard.

Some bloke said I could pay him but I politely demurred; don't want to take any chances. Also not in a massive rush as can't check in at new place til after midday. Be annoying if this drags on much longer though.

Sort of routed out of room a bit early as some woman wanted to come in and clean, though she was very nice about it and didn't really rush me but I was anxious to avoid any suggestion I'd overstayed and incur any extra charges.

Street-type dog sleeping here in reception. Nice enough dog if a bit scabby. It keeps waking up and snapping at (I assume) flies. Of which there are a sufficiency. (I don't have any insect repellent, not that it's been a big deal, because Boots at Cabot Place appear to only sell it in terrorist-sized 120ml containers. I could try and buy some here, not that I feel a pressing need, but my experience last time suggests you can't get proper chemical (eg DEET) insecticide readily over here. Probably not true but still.)

No hot water for the shower this morning so I had a hasty cold shower. Didn't hang up damp underwear last night so still damp this morning; will lay it on bed to dry during the day once I move. Been reduced to re-wearing a dirty T-shirt (I do have at least one clean shirt but I want to save it for tonight) but I don't think it's too minging. Not getting any laundry done here as I don't want to risk it not being ready to collect when I want to leave.

Might go pick up (I assume buy) the DVD of the sandboarding at some point this afternoon, if it's not insanely pricey. I might spring CLP2-3k on it, but I'm not paying much more. I mean, the tour only cost CLP13k in the first place.

First order of business after changing hostel is probably food. Though I just might take that returnable bottle back first.

Should have paid when I checked in as I expected but they said I could leave it so naturally I did.

Cash reserves a little low once I pay for this hostel and the 10k I still owe for the new one. I haven't counted properly but I will probably still have about 50-60k on me, but I like to keep 40k or so distributed about me for emergencies and pretend I don't have it for normal purposes.

1423 I wrote more but K9Mail lost this entry. This is a partial one I managed to recover from the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment