Sunday 11 March 2012

Buenos Aires-London

1145 In taxi. Fuck this keyboard. Shouldn't have stayed up so late especially as wasn't such a matey night as last night, though was still OK (unllike this fucking keyboard). Evidently I have 'gotten away with it'.. Must admit food would go down a treat but should have time and have ARS200+ (I raked out my emergency cash when got out of bed) to eat some overpriced crap once I got shaken down at airport.

1203 At airport. Think I burned some karma off this morning.... Let's hope I have some left for security.

1242 Fuck me. This is the shittiest airport in the world. ONE (count 'em) cafe/restaurant. Which charges FORTY FIVE FUCKING PESOS for a ham and cheese sandwich. Fuck fuck fuck. I expect to be ripped off but I expect some fucking choice. *This* is the 'international airport' of Buenos Aires?

Totally unfamiliar. Assumed I had flown from here before but maybe my flight to Panama in 2010 was from the 'local' airport.

Security v smooth, no stupid liquid shit. Not actually smooth as they had no trays so had to dig out a plastic bag to empty my pockets into. Also had to fill out exit card at passport check after which no one had given me, but no big deal.

Sat at table waiting for food. Fucking cocksucking shitcunt bastards.

1330 Still no gate showing for flight. Having third baguette and a half litre bottle of unicorn tears, sorry, water.

1334 Gate just popped up on display as was watching screen. Guess I have time to eat this baguette (still waiting for it) first. Can always take unicorn tears to drink at gate. Bit stuffed, third is a bit lardy but what the hell.

1358 Struggling to finish baguette and worried about not being at gate. Shoved it in my pocket and come over to gate. Priority boarding just starting.

0722 (London) On tube about to leave T5. Went through red customs just to double check alfajores OK. Officer v chatty and nice.

There was a second cafe type place at Ezeiza near my gate, which of course hadn't seen before.  No idea what sort of food it did or how it was priced.

Flight OK if a bit bumpy for first few hours (I had a cup of tea poured which almost immediately slopped entirely over the sides of the cup, fortunately collecting in the tray instead of on my trousers).

No comments:

Post a Comment