Sunday 25 April 2010

Drunken postscript

Sun, 02:05. Got back to the hostel via GPS, I could have managed without it but why reject an easy solution? On arrival back I noticed a sign pointing to the hostel 'pub' but I peered in and it was fairly dead. Maybe one or two people but I am drunk enough that both in the sense of "it's not good to meet people like this" and "I should go to bed" I decided to forgo even trying to get a beer. Plus when I asked for my key my language failed me and I ended up groping by saying "la llave de... diez y cinco?". The guy very cheerfully said "quinze" but it is annoying I couldn't remember that. Feel a bit sad for not going down the hostel bar but no point pushing it if I am a bit drunk and I may see if it's an option the next two nights when the town has even less appeal.

Did encounter a very nice cat on the way home. For once I suspect it has a home of its own, which was nice.

I may surf a little but I will post this anyway with the customary close of "to bed..."

No comments:

Post a Comment