Wednesday 7 April 2010

Santa Fe to Posadas

Wed 3:30pm. I just paid ARS165 for a sleeper seat on the only bus company I could find doing a service to Posadas. (There was one other but their ticket booth was unmanned.) I have no idea if that's a rip off or not. But at least the timing is quite good, the bus leaves at 22:15 tomorrow (which takes the pressure off today) and arrives at 09:20 on Friday, so if I need to or want to I can afford to find accommodation on arrival instead of booking in advance.

I just hope the hotel will let me leave my cases there tomorrow. A quick look round suggests there are left-luggage lockers here but not many, it's not like giving your case to a bloke who squeezes it into a secure room and charges you, so there might not be one free. I have slight doubts about the ability of my suitcase to fit in too, but I'm sure it must, it is small as suitcases go. Anyway, fingers crossed the hotel will hang onto the cases, nowhere else has refused me that service yet.

Oh, there is the seemingly common 15kg limit on the back of the ticket in small print. I hope it will be ignored as usual and failing that that I'm allowed to pay an excess at 10pm rather than them getting awkward because the ticket office is shut. Money solves everything, however, so I doubt the latter is a real possibility.

I didn't pay that much attention but there are not that many companies running a direct service from here to Iguazu Falls even if I wanted one. I think there were one or two though, but I wouldn't swear to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment