Monday 5 April 2010

Vague plans

Have had a quick look at the guide book and the web. I think I might go to Santa Fe. It's a six hour bus trip and is vaguely on the way to IF (although it's not clear from the web that you can actually get a direct bus, or how long it would take - Santa Fe is north of BA, which is good, but it's also west of BA, which is not so good from a pure "going to IF" perspective, although I have no idea what route the IF buses actually take from here, maybe they go through Santa Fe anyway for all I know). If not, I can always meander in that direction via some other places (maybe Corriente). I have about two weeks in hand (without checking calendars, I have four weeks in total between flying into here and flying on to Panama, and I want to spend about a week in Uruguay and have had 6 nights here when I leave BA) and since I lack any definite goals for Argentina beyond IF it seems a reasonable move to spend my time here seeing stuff en route to there. (I could fly up there, it's about two hours and I suspect it's not too expensive. But then what would I do with the rest of my time, lacking any other clear goals? I'll probably stumble across more interesting stuff wandering up that way by bus. I can always fly back, although it occurs to me I can probably cross by land into Uruguay and then maybe get the ferry back to BA for the onward flight to Panama, rather than doing BA-ferry-Uruguay-ferry-BA-onward flight as I had naively been assuming.)

No comments:

Post a Comment