Thursday 8 April 2010

Well, that's a semi-pisser

1:35am. I just got back to the hotel. I asked (in bad Spanish) what time I had to leave tomorrow and the guy told me in English I don't have to check out til 6pm. I vaguely remember that now he tells me, but I wasn't sure it was this place not somewhere else I'd looked at.

I half wish I'd stayed out for another beer now, but on the other hand I am drinking too much and I wasn't having a great time even if it was OK. On the third hand, this also means that I am disinclined to check out earlier and ask if I can leave my bags, but if I do really check out at 5 or 6pm then I will be stuck with my bags until the bus goes at 10:15pm. I suppose I could ask if I can leave them regardless, but even if that's an option it seems a bit of an effort for the sake of three hours or so (I don't want to be getting to the terminal too near the departure time). On the fourth hand, this also means I am almost bound to sleep til 3pm tomorrow if I am not stricter with myself than I know how to be, especially since I had no real plans for tomorrow. Oh well. I guess it's basically a good thing and while it rankles it's not like I dragged myself away from a major party to get back here tonight.

Oh, I didn't pay much attention, but I didn't notice any of those closed bar places open when I left to walk home. But, although I suspect they weren't open (I mean, yes, open late, but I would expect them to be open by 9pm anyway), I probably accidentally avoided going past nearly all, perhaps all, of them, so I can't be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment