Wednesday 7 April 2010

Tedious wafflings - it's a bus trip day

Tue, 10:30am. Checked out just on time and killing THREE AND A HALF HOURS before the bus goes. I love carting my suitcase and bag around at times like this.

Squeezed into a cafe with the damn things and tried to order an early lunch. The waitress told me my choice was 'closed', I didn't catch whether that was because it was too early or too late. It said nothing at all on the menu about this and that being available at such and such times, so I figured they didn't deserve my custom and left. Who's to say my second choice wouldn't have been closed anyway?

Now sat outside some other place near the bus terminal with the too-bright sun reflecting from the cleverly-chosen WHITE plastic table top into my eyes. Having a coffee. The waitress asked me if I wanted it with something that I didn't understand. Fortunately she then offered me 'just coffee' so I assume the other thing was some random snack or food item.

Sun is pissing me off. I would go inside but I have a handy and reasonably secure wall to lean my damn cases against here, inside they are more of a liability.

Ah, I have moved tables and it's a bit shadier here now.

The activity of a fly just attracted my attention to my arms and hands and I could swear the backs of my hands are hairier than they used to be. I assume I am imagining it though.

12:15. Feeling moderately mellow, it's quite pleasant here in the shade and it's rare I get to sit outside a cafe during the day for hours without feeling the need to go and 'do something'. On my third coffee and also had a tolerable if slightly small steak & chips with diet coke - sorry, Pepsi Light (TM) (R). Will finish this coffee, pay up and then wander over to the bus station. It's practically next door but I need to allow a little time for getting lost and worked up over whatever random crap the terminal designer and/or local authorities have decided to impose on travellers.

13:00. At the bus terminal - paid a "voluntary" (ie no set price) ARS1 to use the bog here, no doubt pissing off the attendant but if you aren't going to tell me how much to pay then you bring it on yourself. Should probably have used the bog at the cafe for free but didn't want to manhandle my bags around the inside to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment