Wednesday 7 April 2010

I should be in bed

 But I got in OK and couldn't resist trying the wifi, and it actually works.

I had saved half of my plastic-packed meal from the bus earlier, even eating the probably-milanesa of probably-beef I was stuffed, I had to force that down a bit as I'd eaten an hour or two before. So I figured I'd eat the rest as a post-pub snack. There was something that looked vaguely like a swiss roll and I assumed it was the usual airline/bus-style slightly sickly but probably nourishing sweet. And it wasn't. It had cheese in it. If it had mayonnaise it was at least unnoticeable. It tasted quite nice, but I couldn't resist noting the first time in my life I encountered a savoury swiss roll. :-)

Anyway, I shall do my best not to surf the night away and get to bed after this important bulletin.

P.S. I must say, irrational as it seems, there was something about the bar bloke's cheeriness (plus the fact that he at least appeared to understand my Spanish) when letting me out that has put heart into me. I'd hesitate to say BA was unfriendly, and it's not like I tore myself away from a group of new friends tonight, but maybe things will be easier now I'm not in BA, even ignoring my vague plans to meet more tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment