Wednesday 21 April 2010

Quiet night in Montevideo

Iguazu Falls photos are now uploaded: http://www.flickr.com/photos/45804996@N03/sets/72157623900672886/

A fairly cool if quiet night. I caught up on the BBC Micro mailing list and it turns out Kieran Mockford has done a cool hack which uses some LZSS compression/decompression code I wrote and released way back in 1996. Oddly very satisfying to have something I did used like that. I went and dug the code up off the web and had a bit of a browse through it, which was a bit of a blast from the past.

It's 12:35am on Wednesday now. I only have about 20 minutes of battery left, it's a shame in a way as I'm not particularly desperate to go to bed. On the other hand, it's probably a good thing as it may force me to. :-)

The (Spanish-speaking) group were having a barbecue by the looks of it but they haven't been as annoying as I expected. There's one other guy sat out here with a laptop but otherwise it's fairly quiet. No evidence at all of a bar, let alone 24h one. Well, there is a counter in the corner with a handwritten sign about happy hour, but I've not seen anyone serving there at any time I've been here. No big deal and at least it avoided a source of temptation...

No comments:

Post a Comment