Monday 12 April 2010

Santa Fe and Posadas photos uploaded

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45804996@N03/sets/

It looks like I already used the 4GB card I thought I had spare earlier and forgot about it. Sigh. I will just have to shunt the contents of some card onto my laptop (which has an 8GB SSD for all data, so this isn't a long term solution, even ignoring the more obvious risk of theft of a laptop than an SD card) to free it up for tomorrow. With luck Paraguayan internet cafes have half a clue, unlike the ones in Argentina, and I'll be able to get some DVDs burned in Asuncion. Or just maybe I'll find one here in Puerto Iguazu, though I doubt it.

(Oh, I found yet another internet cafe in Posadas while getting lost trying to find a cash machine yesterday. They could only burn CDs, not DVDs.)

First impressions of the hostel (stupid inadvertent coyness again, I am at "The Hostel Inn") are not good. I have been lurking in my room trying to sort out chores since I arrived (it was an ARS20 taxi ride from the bus terminal, yay!) but basically it looks like a bloody beach resort without the beach. Loads of people lolling around the massive pool in the centre. Not my kind of place. I have given up on the idea of meeting anyone, to be frank I am more concerned that the bar is so foul I can't even have a decentish beer on my own tonight. I will make do tonight (or just do without, it would be good for me anyway, but I will at least try) as it's too far to be worth the hassle of going into town when I want to be up early to get over to the falls, but I can imagine tomorrow I will stay in town after I get back from the falls and just get a cab back here to sleep.

Having now completed the photo uploads I shall venture out shortly and maybe my next post will be saying how fantastic it all is. But I am not expecting it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment