Monday 17 February 2014

Arequipa, Sunday

1853 At El Colorado for quarter chicken and chips. Alarm at 3pm then went back to sleep and only got up a bit before 6. Have come out for food then will go back for shower, I am I think meeting someone I met last night at Brujas at 10. Will go over and if I don't then no harm, will have early night Will write more on last night later.

Will probably stay here another night as don't really want to be going to Cusco tomorrow night if not had much sleep. When go back will see if can extend for another night, I just might 'discard' that night if I feel OK tomorrow morning and book a bus tomorrow morning for tomorrow night but we will see. Won't be a total waste as would at least then not be homeless during the day. In some sense this is wasting time but really I think it's just going with the flow and not sticking rigidly to a plan even when circumstances have changed. Be silly to 'spoil the fun' here by rushing off overly precipitately, and I certainly don't want to be knackered when I travel to Cusco.

1923 OK, paid for tomorrow night. Incidentally if didn't already say was at Hostal Le Prince in Tacna.

2205 At Brujas, managed to get seat at bar, quite busy. Richard Cheese's "Creep" is queued up on the TV showing the playlist. Not really in mood for being out tbh but did say to Gloria this morning would be here at 10 so I am. Don't see her. May not stay out v late if no one turns up.

Streets bit dead round hostel but was OK, bit concerned about going home but we'll have to see.

2343 Nearly finished second beer, will go after this. Bit of chat with Reina (woman who runs place) but I have been reading on phone, I just don't really want to make the effort to strike up conversation tonight (I sated my appetite for company last night), as said earlier am here because I said I would be. No point forcing things when I'm not in the mood. Not tired as such but bit worried about walk home and all in all best not to push it.

By no means dead or deserted in here but not rammed and people keep drifting out.

0002 Back at hostel. No problems on walk back though was a bit on the alert (possibly pointless, not sure). Gave 20 when paid for the two beers (bill 14) and didn't wait for change.

Oh, there were one or two people in plaza. Cathedral v attractively lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment