Sunday 6 October 2013

Delhi hotel booked

I am astounded at the prices. I've booked something in the Paharganj area, which is central and apparently a typical place to stay for backpackers (according to the guide book). I'm in a low-mid range hotel, I think they call themselves three star (but it's not clear, nor am I sure how much that means anyway). £14 a night for a double room with free wi-fi, air conditioning and a cooked breakfast available if I want it. The reviews (on expedia and tripadvisor) are a bit mixed, but generally it seems recommended and the people who really slag it off come across as a bit whiny. Free cancellation up til just before I go as well (I've paid up front, as seems to be typical on expedia for the free cancellation deals). Yes, I could have really splurged on something fancier given the relatively low prices, but frankly this looks like it will be OK and I decided to go for it.

I booked for four nights, I figure I might need some time to "adjust" to India, and even if I don't I have a fair chunk of time there and I don't think four nights in Delhi plus a couple at the end of the trip prior to flying back are likely to hang heavy on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment