Friday 18 October 2013

Zugdidi-Mestia

0809 Bus turned up early, 0645ish, while I was sitting on the throne. Good job I didn't push it in bed. I am sat in front between driver and a rather fat woman who got in 5-10 mins ago. We have stopped for some kind of refreshment in the middle of nowhere though quite a few people not got out. No one is saying anything and feels a bit weird. One guy asked driver to turn music down in English earlier but not heard anyone speak English since. Driver gave me a business card for the hostel I am going to be staying at anyway.

Scenery is spectacular, though not taken any photos yet. Light blue lakes, steep mountainsides with green and sometimes red/brown trees, roads with sharp precipices. My main bag got handed into the back when the fat woman got on, I wish I had locked both combination locks on it now. ;-) I am sure it will be fine.

1031 I am sat waiting for breakfast at the "hostel". 5-6h trip my arse.

1109 Breakfast pretty good, if I have no idea what most of it was. Joined by a youngish couple who said 'good morning' but we otherwise studiously ignored each other. Think they may be Russian, judging by fact owner (?) came over to ask me what I was planning to do today and mentioning possibility of day trip to Uwhatsit with some other guests in a day or two, then she repeated it for the couple in what sounded a bit like Russian - anyway, they presumably don't speak much if any English, and at a guess most non-Russian tourists here would.

Going to put jumper on etc before go out for a wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment