Thursday 3 October 2013

Singapore and Malaysia

Was speaking to Tony at my leaving drinks last night and he thought four nights in Singapore was way too long. Over lunch today asked the guys about it and Ming also thought it was a bit too much, although not excessive on such a long trip. I am wondering about cutting down to three nights; I think two would be too rushed, and in a way I am also regarding Singapore as a chance to relax a bit in a fairly comfortable environment. Does one day really matter? Probably not, but I might go with three instead of four. Need to mull over it, I will have a read of the guide book this weekend before I book any flights/hotels.

It is true that on some hypothetical future trip I might stop over in Singapore for a night or two, it being a major regional hub, so I will probably get a chance to visit (again) in the future.

Tony also recommended Malaysia. He said - and he's right, I just checked - that you don't need a visa. I also looked just now and as long as you avoid the forested inland areas malaria tablets are not recommended, so there is nothing preventing me going. (There is no way I'm faffing around trying to get malaria tablets at this late stage.) On the other hand, I am not sure I would want to cut Singapore out altogether, and even if I did four days in Malaysia isn't much, and anything more would eat into my time in Thailand or India. Need to mull over it. I suppose I could maybe spend four days in Kuala Lumpur instead of Singapore, I dunno. On the other hand, I think I would like to see Singapore. Meh. As I say, need to mull it over.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, don't fret!! Whatever route you decide, it will be a great trip!

    ReplyDelete