Friday 11 October 2013

Fractionally packed

(Sending this a day late, I wrote it late night Wednesday/early morning
Thursday) Out with Andy tonight, got home about 11 (not too drunk, only
four pints). Suddenly feeling time pressure increase a notch, as I have
drinks tomorrow night and a slim possibility of seeing Chubbard on
Friday. Meh. The first stint is only two weeks so as long as I have my
passport and my bank card I can get by. Have been through my bag tonight
and sort of packed the non-clothes items, not been over packing list
explicitly and I definitely need to print some stuff out re flights etc,
but I think it was useful to rationalise the crap in the bag (most of it
being stray plastic bags and stuff divided up between them), what I have
in there now is relatively organised and also not too much stuff.

While in a stupid way it's stressful to be having drinks with friends
when I really need to be making preparations, of course it's much better
to have friends to say goodbye to that to have the time free for
preparations.

Recapped Georgian lessons 11 and 12 again tonight in a somewhat
desperate way but no other progress. Far from sure I have those really
down. Meh. Frankly I am obviously relying on people to speak English and
I am sure it will be fine but a little more progress would have been
nice. I think I can remember "hello", "please" and "thank you" and those
must go a long way. I think I can also say "I am English". The words for
"coffee" and "beer" would be nice but maybe that will come up, if
they're not unpronouceable (as the words for "water" and "wine" are).

No comments:

Post a Comment