Sunday 6 October 2013

Withdrawing money abroad

Already told one credit card company about going abroad, been in touch with the other two banks to tell them. Checking online for the phone numbers realised just how crap it is withdrawing money abroad - the 1.5% fee *plus* the "non-sterling transaction fee" of 2.49-2.99%. I am still not sure there's a better way, to be honest. I may go out of my way to open an account with Metro Bank, I was meaning to do so but never got round it as you have to go to the branch and there isn't one near Canary Wharf. They make no charge for withdrawals overseas. They have a branch in Holborn which is open at 8am so I am thinking I might try to get up early-ish on Tuesday, go over there and open an account (they say they will give you your card on the spot) and then I can be at Rohan for 10am to pick up the trousers, and I shouldn't get into work significantly later than I have been doing recently.

Done a bit of a recap on the Georgian lessons this afternoon (got up just before midday, sigh) but not yet progressed to any new ones, will do that shortly. Also not yet looked at Delhi hotel but will do that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment