Tuesday 8 October 2013

Foreign currency withdrawals

As I think I may have said the other day, went over to Metro Bank this morning to sign up for an account. Quite impressed, took maybe 30 mins and walked away with card and online banking set up. I assume their exchange rate is competitive and they don't charge for cash withdrawals abroad, so that has to be my preferred card. (Other banks I am with seem to charge 1.5% plus 2.25/2.95%, although one says if you allow the bank you are withdrawing through to convert sterling to local they will only charge 1.5%, but the bank you are withdrawing through may charge.)

Had a look at credit cards to see if I should prefer one of mine over the other when I have to use a credit card. There isn't much in it, and the fee is 'only' 2.9%ish without an additional 1.5% on top as with the debit cards (this is for non-cash transactions on the credit cards, of course).

Did a bit of Georgian course last night but the pronunciation is getting a bit edgy and I feel I am drowning slightly in unassimilated information due to pushing ahead. Meh. Meeting Jon tonight but will hopefully manage to do a bit when I get back, I'm not usually out that late with him, and if I am so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment