Thursday 21 November 2013

Bangkok, Thursday

1723 Sat in bed. Sort of awake since 4pmish, not feeling too bad, and sort of up since 5pm. Need to check in online for flight and also check the hand baggage rules and maybe purchase a hold baggage allowance then go out to an internet cafe to print boarding pass. So naturally the Air Asia website appears to be completely 100% down.

I hope the internet cafe doesn't shut too early.

Not going out tonight, apart from needing to pack and be up early for flight, last night was pretty heavy so I do need to hold back a little. Does seem a slight shame but probably smart, if only on flight grounds.

1912 OK, came out about 7 having finally checked in online. Popped into internet cafe to print boarding pass, hotel details in Singapore and onward flight details to Delhi in case Singapore immigration want to see it. Also splurged £1.45 on choosing a seat, feels a bit weak but last thing I want is any extra stress.

Baggage allowance is 7kg plus a male/female handbag or a laptop in a carrying case. So if I pull the laptop with its charger out in a carrier bag (as I did flying out from London) I think I might be OK, if I pull the usual tricks with shoving stuff in pockets. Going to chance it, it would cost about 550 THB to buy a 20kg checked baggage allowance in advance vs about 1100 to do it at the airport if I do breach the 7kg allowance. That would be annoying but it's not such an enormous sum, and it seems a worthwhile gamble.

Feel a bit sad to be leaving tomorrow but as always that's better than being glad. Am very slightly tempted to go out tonight but not madly so. It is a slight shame I didn't really get to drink on Khao San Road or adjacent areas at night which was kind of why I got my hotel here, but then the things I did instead (i.e. last night) were better, and you have to be flexible.

I did see the democracy monument on my walk back this morning, though didn't have camera with me of course.

Am back at Rosiun or whatever it's called for food (pad thai with watermelon shake) as portion seemed fairly good last time was here.

Have a long thin red blotchy itchy patch on sole of right foot. I think it may be some form of blister or something from this morning's epic walk. Slightly worrying but I am sure it's nothing serious.

I need to pack but I am thinking maybe I will go walk along KS road and maybe have a soft drink or two after this, by way of a compromise.

1939 Ah, place is Rosirin - it's in readable script on board outside.

1948 Back at hotel. Just may go out for that soft drink later but right now I feel sweaty and tired and a bit run down and frankly not in mood. Also, perhaps stupidly, want to wash my combat trousers even though I intend to wear them on flight tomorrow, so sooner I do that the better.

Asked at desk about getting to airport, v helpful, they will call me a taxi, be on meter but probably about 200THB, I should leave here at 9.

0111 Mostly packed. Need to have a shower and shave. Not really mega tired and oddly reluctant to go to bed but should push on. Popped out to 7-Eleven and got some soft drinks and wasabi peanuts about 10, otherwise didn't go out.

0152 Finally in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment