Friday 22 November 2013

Singapore, Friday

2031 Come out. Not going far, have had quick look at guide book, basically going to wander and see if I find somewhere to have a beer or two. No pressure, not intending to be out late unless I find somewhere good, just see what happens and hopefully drag myself out of bed earlyish tomorrow.

Have left passport at desk, not sure if that's necessary but WTF.

2057 Think am in Little India. At some small bar sat outside with an SGD5.50 bottle of Heineken (330ml). By the time I tip this is definitely London prices. The bar doesn't seem that pretentious either. I might feel 'compelled' to have a second here. Anyway, shouldn't complain. I do wonder if this is expensive or not by local standards.

2133 Am sat outside and it's starting to rain. FFS.

Bar is not huge and the 'inside' is just a fenced off area with a canopy over most but not all of it. Managed to get a table under shelter. Obviously will have to stay for another beer now, hope it's not going to piss down for hours. Guess I will just have to get wet and/or get a cab back if necessary.

I have this kind of blurry smeared-glasses-but-it's-my-eyes-really quality to my vision at times. Not good but I am attributing it to a form of tiredness.

2137 Bloke just brought me a second beer over unasked. I admit I'd been sat here with it empty for a bit, but still, find that a bit off. I'd better be super prompt about paying when I do finish the last one.

2218 Clientele seemed mostly Indian when I arrived, but now the place is dominated by two smallish groups of white probably tourists. Will get a third beer if I can see the barman type chap somewhere. Rain seems to have stopped but not going anywhere else now. This is OK if not amazing.

2258 OK, nearly finished third beer. Eyes if anything less blurry but this isn't great etc so going to pay up and go shortly.

2325 Back at hotel. Bar virtually next door seemed a bit livelier and less threatening than earlier and might have been a karaoke place, but not in the mood. Got water (think tap water safe here, but disinclined to chance it) and snacks (no wasabi peanuts, alas) at 7-Eleven next door. Oh, bill was 17ish, paid 20. 8 for snacks and water and green tea.

0017 In bed. It has some weird plasticy-rubbery thing under the sheet. It's OK but it feels a bit odd. Still, it's cheap, clean and air-conditioned. In fact it seems impossible to turn the air-conditioning off.

No comments:

Post a Comment