Wednesday 7 November 2018

Quetzaltenango, Tuesday (part 2)

2214 Accidentally clicked send icon next to save icon, and of course there's no confirmation. The wonderful "how dare you make an error?" nature of modern interfaces. Who could possibly position their finger accidentally 5mm to the left when tapping a screen held at an angle in a dark room? I am going to have another though.

2218 Yeah, this one is half and half clear/dark anyway. Half regret getting it but WTF.

Can't help (a side effect of my ongoing general thoughts re opinions) comparing my teacher to a weakly militant atheist or Christian. I disagree about religion with many people, but it would be a dick move to continually be saying "How can God allow that?" at random negative points in the conversation. At some point you have to agree to disagree, not to be an annoying arse all the time, or decide you're just not going to have any conversation at all.

2239 Los Prisioneros (i.e. original) version of "Tren al sur" on. Despite the ongoing psychodrama and feeling a bit pissed, can't help smiling.

2255 Robbie Williams' "Angels" . Nearly finished beer. Still fair few people here.

In a certain arsehole sense it would be tempting to go into school tomorrow, tell my teacher and/or the director precisely what I think of them and say that I appreciate by saying this I'm throwing away the money I've paid for the rest of the week, but that since it comes to me passively off the sweat of the workers I don't value it at all. Plenty more where that comes from.

It wouldn't be true, but it might be satisfying. But I know the value of a pound and the value (notwithstanding the fact my goodwill meter is at zero, as mentioned earlier) of not making hasty decisions and the value of not burning bridges, and I'll try to avoid it. I suppose in theory I could return the favour of the casual Falklands comment earlier with some snide remark, but I should be the bigger man here - why burn bridges? There's no financial profit in it, nor any emotional profit - any sense of smugness etc is IME fleeting and generally feels like a dick move anyway.

Does feel like they're closing though I wouldn't be surprised if there were people here til 1 - I am sat right next to bar so clinking glasses give a closing feeling. In any case I'm not staying out after I finish this beer in a minute or two.

2304 Home (and slightly breathless after walking up the stairs). They perhaps were shutting, when I looked up from phone and left, there was an upside down stool on bar, music had stopped and the outer door was suggestively largely barred across. There *were* a lot of people left (not loads, not that big a place, but still) but maybe they all tend to leave by choice or obligation and the bar doesn't care to stay open later on a Tuesday. I certainly wasn't kicked out, but I don't know if I could have had another beer.

Will gorge on a few peanuts, clean teeth and bed. Three more days to go. :-)

2329 Bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment