Wednesday 13 January 2010

Delays, but it's OK

Landed in Madrid at 21:30 local time and they put us on a bus to the terminal for the onward flight.

It was due to leave at 00:05 but it's been rescheduled to 02:00 approximately. There are no boarding announcements here (it even says that on the gate display) so that's a tiny bit stressful, but if I set reminders on my phone to check intermittently it should be cool.

At the risk of wearing overly rose-tinted spectacles, this isn't so bad. There are bars and shops still open (although at 2.20 euros for a small San Miguel it's a bit pricey, although not too bad by airport standards I guess). This also means that I should land in Sao Paulo about 10:00 local time instead of 8:00, and by the time I clear customs and somehow get to the hotel it will probably be getting on for midday, which is check-in time. With the original arrival I might have got there too early and ended up sitting in the hotel lobby. So maybe it's even for the best.

I have no idea what the roaming data rate is so I will try to contain my desire to waffle further as I hang around.

In theory this is a golden opportunity to listen to my Portuguese course, but I'm slightly worried about missing the flight somehow if I do that. Probably a silly thought, maybe I will do that in a bit.

3 comments:

  1. I was in the airport in madrid at 8pm! In fact my luggage was still at the airport when you were there! ahh.... small world!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin left without his luggage? Is that "our Robin" as in "ou est"? Where's Steve... is he now chained to a radiator in a São Paulo favela?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear from you Robin - were you in the terminal with R, S and what have you in? To be honest I can no longer remember what time I got there, but it's still quite a coincidence. If I'd known your luggage was there I'd have shipped some stuff back to the UK. :-)

    ReplyDelete