Wednesday 27 January 2010

Wafflings from Guarulhos

Got though check-in, security and passport control no problem, as I hoped they didn't fuss about my crumpled and slightly ripped immigration card. Having a beer near the gate now, it's an hour and a half 'til nominal boarding time (a complete fiction, I expect) and two and a half til the flight goes.

I was wandering around trying to find a shop for last-minute souvenirs and as I passed some completely innocuous-looking point a guy waved me back. He said something to me, probably in Portuguese, which I didn't understand although I thought I heard the word 'fecha', which is Spanish and probably Portuguese for 'date' if memory serves. But that would make no sense, so I probably didn't or it doesn't.

Oh well, I can live without last-minute souvenirs. I bought a pencil at the modern art museum in Parque Ibirapuera in Sao Paulo, which will suffice for me, and everyone else is out of luck.

I just hope by coming to this bar I haven't accidentally exited the controlled area. (I did that at Mexico City airport a couple of years ago, it's incredibly confusing there. I went through the same security checkpoint twice as a result.)

The beer here is a brand I haven't seen before (Eisenbahn). I had and have no complaints about Brazilian beer in general, but now I drink this I note it seems to have more taste than I'm used to. So it ought to at BRL13 for a large glass.

I have no idea what I'm paying to send these e-mails from my phone, but my pre-pay balance seems to be relatively stable so it doesn't seem excessive. And I know these 'live on the scene' posts add so much dynamism to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment