Wednesday 20 January 2010

Sigh, I was drunk

OK, I have to fly to Rio tomorrow (well today now). I have been watching random youtube videos to sober up and I feel pretty OK now, but earlier I felt a bit wasted. Oh well. I went to the same bar I went to on my first night here (on the corner of Nobrega and Santos, for the record), and I didn't deliberately overdo it, but when I left I realised I had.

I e-mailed the hotel in Puerto Williams this morning and amazingly they got straight back to me. So if I can sort the flight out there out I am sorted. I e-mailed the airline earlier but no response yet. I e-mailed the hotel tonight, tapping out a key at a time as I felt a bit pissed. In hindsight the e-mail I sent was fine but it has a couple of sentences at the end which repeat what I'd already said. Oh well, it's not like I expressed my undying love for the receptionist, so it could have been worse.

I have a few not particularly interesting photos to upload but right now I just want to listen to a few more cheesy tracks on youtube and then go to bed. If I make it from the airport in Rio to the hotel I will upload the photos tomorrow.

I still haven't got my passport back, I spoke to the manager on the phone earlier and he was apologetic and says he will be around tomorrow morning before I leave for Rio. I'm sure he will but this does make me wonder about the advisability of putting my passport in the safe in future. Maybe I should just keep it on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment