Saturday 23 January 2010

This is more like it

I feel I am pursuing a more traditional tourist itinerary at last. I got up very late and didn't leave the hotel until about 3, in part due to a small glitch in payment for the flight to Puerto Williams which I am sure I shall resolve imminently.

I then got a cab - about ten quid, mind - down to Mirante do Leblon, at the west end of Ipanema beach. Splendid views, many dull photographs taken, and I then walked the length of the beach along the - apparently - famously patterned beach-front path. Word has clearly got round about me and no one even attempted to molest me.

I am now stopping off for a late lunch at an apparently decent restaurant a couple of streets away from the beach. If I can find it, which I currently doubt, I may then go and allow myself to be ripped off by having a drink at Garota de Ipanema.

Whether that turns out to be possible or not, if my patience holds out I may stick around to watch the sunset - one of the 'must do' items in my guide book, plus I'm not sure I've ever actually watched a sunset before, so the operation has novelty value regardless of location.

No comments:

Post a Comment