Wednesday 27 January 2010

Getting up too early

This will be out of sequence as I wrote some stuff on my laptop last night but couldn't post it (no net access) while I'm writing this on my phone in a fit of expensive boredom. Executive summary is that I spent a quiet night at the Marriott near Guarulhos after flying back from Rio and am due to fly out to Santiago today.

I went to bed about half past midnight but took ages to drop off. The alarms started going off at 6 and I dragged myself out of bed by about quarter past. I woke to a confused idea that I had just bought a car and had to sort out parking for it as well as pay the hotel. It was a relief when reality reasserted itself.

I gulped down a hurried breakfast and it was only when I was at reception checking out at 7 that I realised the flight is at 11 not 10:25. The flight *out* of Santiago leaves at 10:25. I have no idea how I got confused yesterday. Oh well, I am running slightly behind my original schedule anyway (the 7am airport transfer bus appears to have been nonexistent) and it's only half an hour extra at the airport instead of in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment