Saturday 9 January 2010

Rio hotel booked, general wafflings

I did a bit of web searching and have booked a hotel in Rio, so that's Brazil largely sorted out now. I'm staying in the Flamengo area, which I gather is reasonably safe. The hotel also apparently has free wi-fi, which is nice. I could have got something cheaper but the one I've booked at sort of felt right and had some half-decent reviews, so I just went with it. I could have got it for £10/night less than I'm paying by booking with expedia.co.uk, but they said their price might not include all taxes and hotel service charges, so I decided I'd go with someone who could be up-front about the cost instead. Shame, Expedia are normally pretty good.

With luck I will be able to start firming up my plans for Chile tomorrow but I guess we'll have to see. I'm in Skegness right now having just come back this afternoon with a last case of stuff to store here. I was half planning to get a lift with my Dad to Peterborough on Sunday morning and get a train to arrive at my flat about 11am/midday - the cleaner is coming at 10am to do the final clean, but I guess I don't need to be there all the time he's in. However, if the weather continues like this I probably can't risk it and will have to go back to London on Saturday afternoon. That means I either have to spend the night in my flat without any furniture, or pay for an extra night in a hotel. (Once the cleaner has been in I will have to go to a hotel, as I don't want to risk dirtying the place.) If I don't want to be checking into the hotel at 11pm then that also means I may have to go back earlier than I otherwise would. Decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment