Friday 29 January 2010

A quiet night in

I've decided to be good and have a quiet night in tonight. It seems a bit of a waste, but I guess I can't go out every night and it's the weekend tomorrow night so I will want to be out then.

I don't know why, but it just hit me as I was posting the wafflings from the Sao Paulo Marriott that I was in Sao Paulo yesterday morning. Somehow I find that hard to be believe, it seems much longer ago.

It probably goes without saying that it seems like I've been on the trip for a lot more than the two weeks it has really been.

I keep thinking about just how much this is costing me. I'm sure it'll be OK but a few hundred quid on flights here and a few hotels at the £60/70 level there (as is unavoidable in some places, e.g. Punta Arenas, unless you go really budget and stay in a hostel or something) adds up. Oh well. I read that you're supposed to get more pleasure out of spending money on experiences than things, which I suppose justifies me. And of course the actual expenses of the trip pale into insignificance compared with the lost earnings from not actually working.

Been having a quick fiddle to see if I can find a way to go to Easter Island after all. The problem is that I expedia.co.uk only seems to have one hotel listed there, and although I thought I had a website which listed five or so of the big ones, I can't remember what it was. It might have been agoda.co.uk, but I just tried them and they said (for some dates I was trying) 'we have no hotels available in Easter Island for these dates', whereas I'm sure before I could see all the different hotels listed even if they had no availability.

No comments:

Post a Comment