Saturday 2 January 2010

Sao Paulo and Rio

I decided I'd give the hotel in Rio that replied badly to my e-mail a chance; they were much cheaper than lots of other places and they are listed in one of my guide books, which has to be some basic kind of recommendation. I electronically translated a simple booking request into Portuguese and sent it off; there's been no reply yet, but I guess it was New Year's Eve and then New Year's Day. I hope they get back to me soon though.

Still no response from the hotel I e-mailed in Sao Paulo (I keep wanting to spell that with 'o' instead of 'u'...) a few days ago; I might e-mail them again (this time in Portuguese) tomorrow, and/or I might start looking around for alternative hotels in both cities.

I've booked the internal flights from Sao Paulo to Rio and back again. The first flight I managed to get the airports I wanted - I fly from Congonhas to Santos Dumont, both of which are more central than the main airports. (It's a bit like flying from London City instead of Heathrow or Gatwick, I guess.) That's on Wednesday 20th January. I fly back on Tuesday 26th January out of Galeao international, which is not so great but, desperately looking for the silver lining, at least I'll see all four of the main airports in these two cities! I had to fly from there as I want to fly into Guarulhos, the main Sao Paulo airport. That's where I'm flying out of the next day to Santiago and where I've already booked myself in at the airport Marriott for that one night.

I should be making some sort of checklist. But for the record, if I haven't got confused, I now need to:
- get hotels booked in Sao Paulo and Rio
- book myself a hotel for a couple of nights in Santiago
- book myself a flight down from Santiago to Punta Arenas
- get a hotel booked in Punta Arenas for a few nights

That should complete the bookings I want/need to make before I leave the UK.

No comments:

Post a Comment