Tuesday 19 January 2010

Disabled access to the metro

We interrupt the whining of the previous post for this brief observation...

I did see something interesting on the metro today. In fact, I saw the same thing the other day but forgot to mention it. Both times, a disabled guy in a wheelchair went down into the metro by reversing his wheelchair onto the escalator and sort of leaning back to take the front wheels off the ground, if that makes any sense. It may not say much about the accessibility, but I was rather impressed all the same. (Some stations do have lifts, based on my observations, but probably not all.) Today at least this was obviously done with co-operation from the staff, as the escalator was normally used to take people up but they deliberately blocked it off and turned it around to go down just so he could use it, then reverted it to upward use afterwards.

Both times it was a youngish, fairly fit looking chap, I have no idea if the same thing would happen with someone older or more infirm. But I thought it was freakily cool all the same.

3 comments:

  1. Oi meu amigo. Você não me notar, mas eu vivo na sala do corredor no Garden Hotel também. Vejo que você olhar perdido na cidade grande e talvez precisar de um amigo para lhe mostrar os pontos turísticos. Eu leio as postagens que você faz e ver que você está sozinha. Esta cidade é um estranho para você. Eu posso fazê-lo seu amigo. Eu posso fazer você meu amigo. As mensagens que você faz que você não entrar para o clube de karaoke, mas eu vi você lá na noite passada. Porque você não dizer a seus amigos que você vá lá? Eu sei que isso é verdade como eu ver você cantar. As palavras tão bonitas que eu nunca esquecerei. Meu Inglês não é o melhor, mas eu tento:

    Tell me when will you be mine
    Tell me quando, quando, quando
    We can share a love divine
    Please don�t make me wait again

    When will you say yes to me?
    Tell me quando, quando, quando
    You mean happiness to me
    Oh, my love, please tell me when

    Evry moments a day
    Evry day seems a lifetime
    Let me show you the way
    To a joy beyond compare

    I cant wait a moment more
    Tell me quando, quando, quando
    Say its me that you adore
    And then, darlin, tell me when

    Evry moments a day
    Evry day seems a lifetime
    Let me show you the way
    To a joy beyond compare

    I cant wait a moment more
    Tell me quando, quando, quando
    Say its me that you adore
    And then, darlin, tell me when

    Oh, my darlin, tell me when
    Mmm, my darlin, tell me when

    Esta música, estas palavras, eu lhe digo uma mentira se eu disser que não faziam as lágrimas nos meus olhos. Vou ficar esperando meu amigo, à espera. Não seja um estranho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cumprimentos Arturo. Eu sinto instintivamente que eu o conheço, mim deteto um grande intestino e um ajudante greying. Eu não tenho muita hora deixada aqui, mas satisfaço, sei que nós estaremos sempre junto no espírito.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven, suas idéias são boas, mas não o suficiente para mim. Eu vi que você está viajando para o Rio em breve e que é uma boa notícia que eu também sou. Mas então, vou viajar para os confins da terra para ouvir a sua voz doce, ver a cabeça brilhando, consulte seu passeio engraçado ..... é como o pato. Mas você não deve comer duas pizzas à noite, o que é ruim para sua saúde e que o fez muito gordo.

    ReplyDelete