Friday 29 January 2010

Still no joy with Easter Island

I tried booking a different hotel for the original dates with hoteltravel.com, no, that's full too. I've just whacked in yet another request with them for a different hotel, so we can go through this again. I was going to leave it since it's 6pm on Friday now, but then I figure their staff are probably in the US and the hotel itself is even further west, so just maybe I'll get an answer one way or another before the weekend proper starts.

If that doesn't work, I'll just have to start digging around a bit more. There's one hotel on hoteltravel.com I haven't tried booking via them, but I think it's full because the sites which do on-line reservations don't show it as having any vacancies. tripadvisor.com has 20-odd Easter Island hotels listed, so I guess there are other options to consider. Now that I'm assured by a friend who has looked into it that there's nothing worse than black widows among the island's spider population (they might be poisonous, but they're not enormous, which is what counts) I am prepared to take a gamble on potentially more primitive accommodation if need be.

Didn't do anything this afternoon after lunch, it was already 5pm when I left the bar. I bought another book from the guy in the street - he wanted CLP3000 but since I genuinely only had CLP2000, he sold it me for that - and took some cash out then popped back here to drop my camera and most of the cash off. I plan to go out and have a couple (yes, just a couple) of beers at some local place, then come back here and go out again later about 9pm to see what it's like here on a Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment